“Warwick has demystified one of the world’s greatest, most influential leaders, and boiled down his magic into actionable things you can do, too.”
Marshall Goldsmith – The international best-selling author of What Got You Here Won’t Get You There
Ten Ways to Get the Most from this Book
1. The book is divided into the Inner Core and the Outer Edge. The Inner Core habits are more about character, mindset and attitude and how it can create and manifest into a powerful influencing approach. The Outer Edge is all about how to express and resonate a message.
2. Both the Inner Core and Outer Edge have 5 habits. Take the quick assessment in Chapter 2 to find a habit to focus on.
3. Every chapter is divided into 3 learning takeaways. A total of 30 actionable learning points in the book. The learning points are on the first page of each chapter. Alternatively, you can skim through each chapter to see which one is important to you.
4. Every chapter starts with a quote, the three takeaways and the chapter summary. You can read this one page to get a sense for the chapter.
5. Each chapter has an introduction that covers the “What-Why-How” for this particular habit using examples from other experts in the field.
6. Each learning point is then illustrated by quotes from Jack Ma’s talks to illustrate the point.
7. Every learning point has a closing “Executive Influencing Insight” that poses an action for executives to consider to further develop the takeaway point.
8. What does Science say? Each chapter closes with further reading using research studies and deeper reading on the chapter’s influencing habit. This can help you branch off to deepen your understanding.
9. In Practice. The final part of each chapter are five specific actions, you can take to experiment with the influencing habit.
About the Book
The master of influence has spoken. Mr. Jack Ma, cofounder of the world’s largest e-commerce company, Alibaba, shares ten secrets to becoming an influential global leader.
Influence: The Jack Ma Way uncovers the playbook from China’s most famous entrepreneur, who embodies the rags-to-riches fairytale story and lays claim to be Asia’s first global leader.
Through the words of Jack Ma’s public talks, interviews, and speeches, we learn the core skills that he has used to become the most impactful business leader in Asia and a high-profile figure on the world stage.
Now you can learn how to improve your leadership influence by following in the master’s footsteps. You will learn how to:
Understand the game: Combine the inner and outer game of influence into a potent force
Show your character: Use five powerful ways to show the real you while influencing others
Resonate your message: Learn how the best leaders walk their walk
Influence millions: Understand the power of Jack Ma’s influence through his own words
Learn from the master: Practice the 30 skills that create an influential global leader